Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Business

Nazareth's landscape is partly a result of business. Here are some related pictures.


Kraemer's Textiles




I'm not even sure what or whose these are, but they create an image I couldn't resist..




One of the cement companies. Behind these buildings is a quarry that in winter hosts thousands of snow geese.




A cement company building with geese in flight.



Not a great picture, I know, but the villa near the top left is Mario Andretti's place, and the aqua-coloured building is the current Martin Guitar factory.




Martin's original factory building, complete with historic marker.



And I threw in another picture of the Whitfield House to go with the ones below.

5 comments:

Prof. Knisely said...

The picture of the large warehouse type building that you posted is of A&B Stainless Valve and Fitting company. Before that they were Nazareth Steel Fabricators.

Geophile said...

Thank you!

Wayne said...

The Steel Fabricators used to make a lot of hammering noises and welding arc flashes. During the summer when they had their doors open the weld flashes would actually illuminate my bedroom when I was a child.

The pic labeled "looking up Delaware Street" is actually Prospect street.

Enjoyed the pics -- yeah, Todd J. has been carrying that newspaper like forever :-)

Geophile said...

Thank you, Wayne. I noticed that error one time, but figured no one was looking at this anyway. I guess posting on Weird Nazareth has changed that. But I fixed it now. Thanks for taking the time to tell about your memories, too. I like that kind of tidbit that makes the past come alive.

Geophile said...

Also, here's a link to someone's photos of Nazareth, both past and recent, much more comprehensive and interesting.
http://picasaweb.google.com/poconofrank